new fear: driving.
Unfortunately, I'm a new driver.
Everyone should be afraid.
Why in the world is driving so scary?? Also, why does it require so much thinking?! I wish I was born with the natural talent of common road sense/knowledge. No, I'm not overreacting. However, maybe WHO I drive with has something to do with how tense I am behind the wheel. "The calmer the passenger, the calmer you are" is what people with non-asian parents say. Unfortunately, nobody is calm when I get behind the wheel. I can't even have music on when I drive (partially because my sister's car play never works for my phone). I would LOVE to be those cool girls that blast music with the windows rolled down, sipping on a fun drink. But, I'm too scared to even let go one of my hands from the wheel.
Keep in mind that I have less than 20 hours of practice currently, so these thoughts could go away as I keep driving more (which is what I hope at least).
Also, parking?! Okay, left side parking is so much easier than right side parking. Parallel parking isn't that hard, you just need a good gut-feeling. My car is always slanted whenever I park in a parking space. I wish all cars came with an automatic parking feature that does it all for you. That's all I gotta say.
Those are my driving thoughts, don't let my personal opinions swerve you in any direction. (LOL haha very funny pun)
Let's hope I pass my driving test this November!
from my cozy corner to yours,
izzy 😽
hi fellow new driver *wave* i will be starting my driving lesson soon and i am so so nervous lmao but im also so excited to be able to drive
ReplyDeleteomggg how exciting!! driving is lowkey scary but sooo freeing once you get the hang of it! i wish you the best of luck on the roads :)
DeleteHi Lovie!! I got my license a few months ago, so I totally understand how you feel! I was SO excited, but my family was so dead set on me crashing or getting pulled over 😂 FYI, neither of those things has happened to this day!
ReplyDeleteBut you will do great! I absolutely hated reverse parking at first. I genuinely didn’t understand how people made it look so easy until my boyfriend taught me how! Also, my driving school only taught me how to parallel park and never taught me reverse parking… anyone else!?
wait omg you're making me feel better abt driving! I haven't even TRIED reverse parking yet so yikessss... but tysm for the support and I aspire to be like you with a license one day!!
Delete